INFORMATION IN ENGLISH ABOUT THE COURSE Specialization Course in Pedagogy and Technology of Voice and Singing
Frequently asked questions
Questions related to academic issues
- What is this course about?
This course aims at continuing specialized education on the use of techniques and evidence-based practical skills for evaluation, analysis, (re)habilitation and education of the voice in speech and singing.
- What title I will be awarded with?
If you successfully finish this course, you will be awarded with a Specialization Diploma of 40 European Credits (ECTs).
- Who is the target population?
Health specialists (e.g., laryngologists, phoniatricians, speech and language pathologists); educators (e.g., teachers, music educators, voice educators, hearing and speech teachers); professional voice users (e.g., singers, actors, journalists); and voice scientists.
- What academic requisites are requested for my registration to be accepted?
A minimum requisite to be accepted is to have a higher education degree / diploma or equivalent in accordance to the student’s national higher education system policies and rules.
- Are non-Spanish degrees holders eligible for registration?
Students with non-Spanish degrees must ask for an authorization for recognition of their foreigner degree. A request should be sent by email with an authorized copy of their degree to email@example.com.
- Is it necessary to hold a non-Spanish degree recognized by the Spanish Minister of Education?
- What learning materials do I need?
Learning materials will be constituted by video-lectures, practical demonstrations on voice recordings using specific hardware and on voice analysis using designated software, written instructions on how to perform signal processing, written informs on solutions for practical exercises and specific designated literature.
- Are there any technical requisites necessary to follow the course?
1. One computer with a Windows operating system (for MAC users a virtual machine or Parallels are needed) and Microsoft Office; 2. One omnidirectional microphone; 3. One external sound card (e.g., Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Audio Interface); 4. Headphones; 5. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, as the e-learning platform is more compatible with these browsers; 6. Quick Time Player (or equivalent), which will allow the visualization of multimedia contents; 7. Software for handling computer screen capture (e.g., Srecorder).
Free installation of a plug-in Adobe Flash Player is required for visualization of video contents.
- Is the course distance learning only?
Yes, the course is entirely delivered online.
- Is all registration procedure made online only?
- Is it necessary to live in Madrid?
No, the course is entirely online. The course can be followed from any place, at any time. However, be aware of deadlines for assignments, which comply with Madrid time zone.
- Is it necessary to follow a specific timetable?
No. The course is designed to accommodate professionals. Thus, the schedule is entirely individual to accommodate work and study. There will be assignments deadlines almost every week. Online tutorials will be available as well as designated forums.
- What is the course total duration?
The course lasts from January 18th to July 16th.
- How many hour per week are necessary in order to successfully complete this course?
Approximately 2 hours per day are required to complete this course.
- What is the deadline for registration?
Until 15th of January.
Questions related to course costs
- How much is the course fee?
2. Up to when registration fee must be payed?
The course fee can be fully paid at registration, or can be paid in two instalments, one at registration (60%) and another by March (40%).
- How can I make the payment?
Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer or deposit if they have a branch of Banco Santander.
- Are there any discounts available?
A 10% discount over the total prize can be applied to the members of the following associations: European Voice Teachers Association (EVTA), British Voice Association (BVA), National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS), Associação Portuguesa de Professores e Profissionais da Voz (APVoz), Instituto Español de la Voz (IEVOZ), Colegio de Logopedas de Madrid, Asociación Española de Otorrinolaringología (SEORL), Colegium Medicorum Theatri (COMET), Confederationof European Otorhinoralyngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Members of VoiceFoundation, Asociación Española de Logopedia, Foniatría y Audiología (AELFA).
At the moment of your registration, you must tick the option “discount” and afterwards send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of membership to one of the above listed association.
- Are there any other additional expenses?
It is recommendable that you will invest on buying an external sound card and an omnidirectional microphone. This however will cost you about 150 EUR, unless you would like to buy more sophisticated equipment.
- Are there any grant available?